Partial Reinforcing Saddles
WeldFit’s Partial Reinforcing Saddles are used to provide reinforcement for branch outlets in accordance with ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and other applicable design codes. It is designed to slide over the welded joint between the branch and run pipes. Since Partial Reinforcing Saddles do not fully encompass the run piping, they must be fillet welded around the perimeter of the run and the branch to be effective. However, Partial Reinforcing Saddles are not designed to be pressure retaining. In order to avoid gas entrapment during welding and to prevent pressure containment, should a leak develop underneath the saddle, Partial Reinforcing Saddles are provided with a vent hole.
WeldFit stocks Partial Reinforcement Saddles with a number of combinations of run and branch sizes ready for immediate shipment. Our standard saddles are manufactured from Grade WPB material, but we also have the in-house capability to supply stainless or high-yield stress saddles in any size if required.
- Designed to provide reinforcement to a branch connection
- Saddle provided with a vent hole to prevent entrapment of gasses during welding
- Not designed to contain internal pressure
- Satisfy the requirements of ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and other applicable design codes
- Standard saddles manufactured to A234 grade WPB
- Stainless or high-yield saddles are available to match customer requirements
- Manufactured in compliance with WeldFit’s ISO 9001:2008 certified quality program
- Run pipe size
- Outlet pipe size
- Material required
Click To Request A Quote
or call us at 713.460.3700